JACKSON, MS (WLOX) - Unhappy with choice of candidates for president this year? Mississippi voters will actually have eight different choices on the ballot this November. Friday was the qualifying deadline for the November 8, 2016 General Election ballot.
The candidates include:
- Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party
- Donald J. Trump, Republican Party
- Darrell Castle, Constitution Party
- Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente, American Delta Party
- Jim Hedges, Prohibition Party
- Gary Johnson, Libertarian Party
- Jill Stein, Green Party
- Barbara Dale Washer, Reform Party.
All of the candidates filed a Certificate of Nomination and a List of Presidential Electors with the Secretary of State's Office. All except Washer paid a $2,500 qualifying fee. Washer did not pay the qualifying fee because she filed her papers before the effective date of the statute requiring the fee to be paid.
To view other qualifying candidates, including candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives, non-partisan judicial candidates, and candidates for two State House seats, click here.