UPDATE: Woolmarket house fire sparked in the garage

UPDATE: Woolmarket house fire sparked in the garage
Fire officials said they believe the blaze started upstairs and spread to the attic. (Photo Source: WLOX)
Fire officials said they believe the blaze started upstairs and spread to the attic. (Photo Source: WLOX)

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - We have new information about a fire that forced a family of five out of their Woolmarket home early Wednesday morning.

Investigators believe the pre-dawn blaze sparked in the garage, and we're told they're expected to rule it an accident.

A WLOX News Now crew arrived at the Riverland Dr. fire scene this morning just after family members escaped the burning home. They reportedly heard smoke alarms ringing around 4:45 a.m. and quickly dashed outside.

Copyright 2016 WLOX. All rights reserved.