Kitchen fire damages Harrison County home - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Kitchen fire damages Harrison County home

The Harrison County fire chief said the fire started in the kitchen. The Harrison County fire chief said the fire started in the kitchen.
HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

Crews from several fire departments responded to a home in West Harrison County Monday night.

Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan said the fire broke out in the kitchen of a house on Jones Mills Road, off Beatline Road, around 6:30 p.m.

Sullivan said the fire caused damage to the kitchen area, as well as heat and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

He said it appears to be a stove fire, and the cause has been ruled accidental.

Two adults were inside the home when the fire broke out. They both made it out safely.

Sullivan said it took about 20 minutes to put out the fire. There were no injuries to any firefighters.

Copyright 2016 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly