Fire Heavily Damages Ocean Springs Home - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Fire Heavily Damages Ocean Springs Home

Fire heavily damaged a home in Ocean Springs Wednesday.

The blaze began around 10 a.m. at 113 Stennis Ave. Billie Looney owns the home. She was treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators say an unattended toaster oven started the fire. A neighbor spotted the flames and called 911.

"My daughter and I were just coming back from Wal Mart, and I saw some flames coming from the front of her house," Jimmy Hemen said. "I jumped out of the car and ran into the house and called 911 and came back out to see if she was all right and she was moving her car out."

Four miniature collies were inside the house. One of the pets died in the fire. Damage to the house is estimated at about $70,000.

Powered by Frankly