GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) - Investigators have released more information about a deadly post-parade shooting in Pass Christian.
Pass Christian Police Chief Tim Hendricks says evidence collected at the scene proves more than one person opened fire the day of the St. Paul parade.
"The physical evidence shows there are at least two shooters," says Chief Hendricks.
Investigators previously said the shell casings found indicted there may have been more than one person pulling the trigger.
Eight people have been arrested in connection with the shooting investigation:
- Malcolm Joseph Dedeaux of Gulfport is charged with probation violation through Mississippi Department of Corrections
- Jessie Lee Williams of Gulfport faces charges for probation violations through Mississippi Department of Corrections
- Jermaine Rashad Ratcliff of Gulfport has been charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute through Gulfport Police Department
- Quamaine Rashaw Williams of Gulfport is charged with possession of a stolen firearm
- Charles Earl Johnson of Gulfport faces charges for federal probation violation
- Rodney Burks of Gulfport is charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute through the Coastal Narcotics Enforcement Team and a probation violation through Mississippi Department of Corrections
- Deonica Shaw of Gulfport is charged with possession of a stolen firearm through the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department
- Sharon Johnson has been charged with hindering prosecution. Documents state Johnson was caught on camera taking a shooting victim's clothes from a hospital room. Records state that Johnson told investigators she accidentally left the clothes in the emergency room waiting area and someone removed it. Those documents also state a video reportedly shows Johnson walking through the hospital and parking garage with the clothes, then putting it into the trunk of a blue sedan.
Chief Hendricks says he will not release any names at this time regarding who police believe the shooting suspects may be.