Infant rescued from Harrison Co. home during overnight blaze - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Infant rescued from Harrison Co. home during overnight blaze

Sullivan said the family was in the middle of cooking dinner when the fire broke out. (Source: Pat Sullivan) Sullivan said the family was in the middle of cooking dinner when the fire broke out. (Source: Pat Sullivan)
A Harrison County family is counting their blessings, after narrowly escaping their home as is went up in flames. (Source: Pat Sullivan) A Harrison County family is counting their blessings, after narrowly escaping their home as is went up in flames. (Source: Pat Sullivan)
The father was able to rescue his infant who was inside the home when it caught on fire. (Source: Pat Sullivan) The father was able to rescue his infant who was inside the home when it caught on fire. (Source: Pat Sullivan)
HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

A Harrison County family is counting their blessings after narrowly escaping their home as is went up in flames.

According to Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan, fire officials got a call just before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday of a home on fire on Giani Road. When they arrived they found the house engulfed in flames.

Sullivan said the family was in the middle of cooking dinner when the fire broke out. They had put a pot of grease on the stove and stepped outside. When they came back in they found the pot had caught fire. Sullivan reports the blaze then spread to the kitchen and into the living room.

The couple then realized their 9-month-old was still inside the home. The father rushed in and was able to rescue the infant before the fire spread.

According to Sullivan the home sustained heavy smoke and fire damage. No one was injured.

The Red Cross is currently assisting the family.

Copyright WLOX 2016. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly