BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - Sources told Brett McMurphy of ESPN that 13 of the 28 rules violations were levied against the football team in the notice of allegations Ole Miss received.
According to sources, nine of those violations took place under head coach Hugh Freeze. Many of the violations have already been self-reported by the university and are considered low-level violations.
Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork issued a statement Tuesday night saying, "Nothing has changed from our last statement on January 30. We are still working through the process."
Ole Miss has 90 days to respond to the Notice of Allegations. University officials believe the documents should remain confidential while the investigations is underway and will not release any further info.
Ole Miss previously released some self-reported football violations this past season, including that a representative of athletics interest provided transportation for potential recruits on six different occasions from 2011-2014.
It also reported that one un-named assistant coach made improper contact with a recruit at a high school.
Sources told ESPN.com that four violations involve current staff and Ole Miss took steps to self-impose penalties. Those violations are a violation of the "bump rule," which states coaches can't have contact with a recruit during a designated non-contact evaluation period, improper recruiting video made outside the locker room, a person the NCAA considers a booster illegally transporting a recruit to campus and a stepfather of a recruit having his lodging paid for during an official visit. The NCAA has changed the last rule.
Documents from the Louisiana-Lafayette case stated that Ole Miss legal counsel and NCAA enforcement staff interviewed former Ole Miss assistant coach David Saunders who worked under Rebels head coach Houston Nutt.
Saunders was recently named head coach at Pearl River Community College.