GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) - A Gulfport family is searching for a place to live after a fire destroyed their new rental home Friday.
The Harrison County and Gulfport fire departments responded to the house fire around 2 p.m. on South St, near Canal Rd.
Firefighters had the blaze, which was contained to kitchen and living room, under control within about 20 minutes. Officials believe the fire began on the kitchen stove. No one was home during the incident.
The renters were in process of moving into the house. The Red Cross is assisting.