Chief: Harrison Co. house fire sparked by child playing with lig - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Chief: Harrison Co. house fire sparked by child playing with lighter

(Photo source: WLOX) (Photo source: WLOX)
(Photo source: WLOX) (Photo source: WLOX)
HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

Multiple agencies responded to a house fire on Bosarge Road in Harrison County on Wednesday afternoon. Fire Chief Pat Sullivan tells us the flames are now out, but the home has sustained significant fire, smoke and water damage.

Sullivan said investigators determined the flames were sparked by a 3-year-old child playing with a lighter. This marks the third house fire today in South Mississippi.

Sullivan said the flames broke out in the home, which is just north of 28th Street, around 2:15 p.m.

The father and child were able to escape the fire without injury, according to Sullivan.

Copyright 2016 WLOX. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly