The Bay St. Louis Fire Department along with other agencies responded to a fire that broke out on the 500 block of Beach Boulevard early Saturday morning.
Bay St. Louis Fire Chief Pam San Fillippo said the department received a call around 5 a.m. about a house on fire.
Officials responded to the scene and found a home fully engulfed in flames. The fire eventually spread to another home nearby.
San Fillippo told WLOX that the original home that caught fire was a vacation home. The second home belonged to a couple that was out of town in Oxford.
Authorities says it took about one hour to get the fire under control.
Officials also said the original home is a total loss. The second home suffered some smoke and fire damage.
Fire investigators were still on the scene putting out hot spots around 9 a.m. Officials say they won’t know what sparked the blaze until at least Monday.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright WLOX 2015. All rights reserved.