West Harrison County house fire sends two to the hospital - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

West Harrison County house fire sends two to the hospital

(Photo source: File) (Photo source: File)
HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

A West Harrison County house fire on Sap Root Road sent two people to the hospital on Saturday.

According to Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan, the victims were taken to the hospital shortly after 9 a.m. to be treated for smoke inhalation after their mobile home filled with smoke and flames.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a malfunction in a heating unit.

Sullivan says that fire units from the Harrison County Fire Service,  West Harrison Fire, CRTC (Airport), and the Pass Christian Fire Department responded.

The injuries to the victims were not life threatening, and the home suffered smoke damage. 

Copyright 2015 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly