Fire at Stennis test stand extinguished - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Fire at Stennis test stand extinguished

STENNIS SPACE CENTER, MS (WLOX) -

Fire broke out Monday afternoon at one of the rocket test stands at NASAs Stennis Space Center. The fire occurred on Test Stand B where construction work was taking place.

"It was a small fire at the test stand that was extinguished quickly. All personnel are accounted for and are safe," said Stennis spokesperson Valerie Buckingham.

The space center fire department responded to the emergency. The extent of the damage is not known at this time.

Copyright 2015 WLOX. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly