Officials: Car battery charger sparked house fire in Gulfport - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Officials: Car battery charger sparked house fire in Gulfport

Gulfport firefighters have extinguished a blaze on Rosewood Street. (Photo source: WLOX) Gulfport firefighters have extinguished a blaze on Rosewood Street. (Photo source: WLOX)
GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) -

Gulfport firefighters have extinguished a blaze on Rosewood Street. Authorities were called to the house around 4 p.m. Friday.

Fire officials tell us a vehicle caught fire, and the flames spread to the garage and attic.

The fire has been contained, and fortunately no one was in the home when the fire started.

Fire officials believe a car battery charger sparked the blaze.

Copyright 2015 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly