Biloxi medical office evacuated for possible gas leak - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Biloxi medical office evacuated for possible gas leak

Patients and employees at Pace Medical Plaza were evacuated briefly after someone noticed a strong smell of natural gas. (Photo source: WLOX) Patients and employees at Pace Medical Plaza were evacuated briefly after someone noticed a strong smell of natural gas. (Photo source: WLOX)

There were some anxious moments at a medical office in Biloxi late Monday morning. Patients and employees at Pace Medical Plaza were evacuated briefly after someone noticed a strong smell of natural gas.

Biloxi fire and police quickly responded. Police officers blocked off traffic at the complex, located at 180 Debuys Road.

Following a thorough inspection, firefighters did not find any leak or any problems. The people were allowed to go back inside the building less than a half hour after it was evacuated.

Firefighters say maintenance crews at the medical plaza will continue to check the building for any issues.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly