Diamondhead child suffered second degree burns from fire acciden - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Diamondhead child suffered second degree burns from fire accident

DIAMONDHEAD, MS (WLOX) -

A Diamondhead child was rushed to the hospital Tuesday with second degree burns.

Hancock County Sheriff Investigator Glenn Grannan said the 11-year-old was visiting a Diamondhead house when the accident happened around noon.

"It appeared a little boy at the home got a hold of some rubbing alcohol," said Grannan. "He had a small cup of it and was dipping cotton in it and setting it on fire in the garage."

Grannan said that's when the young girl walked over to see what he was doing. Somehow, the cup spilled on her clothing and she caught on fire.

The child was transported to the burn center at USA Medical Center in Mobile, Alabama.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly