Harrison Co. family loses pet in house fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Harrison Co. family loses pet in house fire

GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) -

A Harrison County family is mourning the loss of a loved one after a fire ignited in their home in the Crown Estates subdivision Friday afternoon.

Fire officials tell us the flames were restricted to an area inside the home. Gulfport and Harrison County fire crews extinguished the blaze within an hour.

Authorities tell us the family was home and got out of the inferno unscathed. However, they did lose a pet to the flames.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly