Officials: Vancleave home ravaged by fire a total loss - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Officials: Vancleave home ravaged by fire a total loss

(Photo source: Vernon Gazzo) (Photo source: Vernon Gazzo)
(Photo source: Vernon Gazzo) (Photo source: Vernon Gazzo)
(Photo source: Vernon Gazzo) (Photo source: Vernon Gazzo)
VANCLEAVE, MS (WLOX) -

A Vancleave home was reduced to a shell of its former self early Sunday morning after a fire ripped through the structure. That is according to Central Jackson County Fire Department Chief Michael Belton.

Officials tell us the fire sparked around midnight at a house on Rouses Marina Road. Belton said a passerby called 911.

Fire officials said it took crews about two hours to tame the blaze, and the home is a complete loss.

Belton tells us no one was in the house when the fire sparked, and he believes the homeowners were out of town.

Authorities are investigating what sparked the blaze. Belton said county and state fire investigators will be on the scene Monday to find the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly