Gas leak forces West Harrison High to evacuate

HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) - A school maintenance crew cutting the grass accidentally cut a line that caused a gas leak near County Farm Road shortly after 8 a.m. Wednesday.

According to Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan, students were evacuated until officials determined it was safe to return to the building. All students returned to class by 9:15 a.m.

That's also when officials re-opened County Farm Road. It had been closed as a precaution. WLOX has learned CenterPoint Energy will make repairs to the gas line.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.