PASS CHRISTIAN, MS (WLOX) - "Destroyed," is how Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan described the aftermath of the fire at the Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge Avenue.
Firefighters say the building caught fire around 11:30 Wednesday night. When they arrived on the scene, flames could be seen shooting through the roof. Crews were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the owner's home next door.
According to the restaurant's website, the original building burned in 1857, but was re-built that same year. It was also rebuilt by the current owners following Hurricane Katrina.
Right now, the fire is still under investigation, and no injuries have been reported.