Bourbon Street shooting suspect will remain jailed - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Bourbon Street shooting suspect will remain jailed

Updated:
NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) -

Bond has been set for the only suspect identified so far in the Bourbon Street shooting.

Investigators said Trung Le is one of two gunmen who opened fire on a crowd of people on Bourbon Street in June. One woman died and nine people were injured.

Bond was set at $4.5 million on nine counts of attempted murder. No bond was set on a first-degree murder charge, essentially meaning that Le will remain in jail. 

Trung Le was extradited Saturday from Mississippi after the state's lieutenant governor signed a warrant from Gov. Bobby Jindal. The 20-year-old has been in a Gulfport jail since his July 4 arrest after refusing to sign an extradition waiver.

The Orleans Parish district attorney's office said Le was picked up in Mississippi Saturday at 10a.m. and booked into OPP around 1:15 p.m.

Police are still searching for the second gunman in the case.

Copyright 2014 WVUE. All rights reserved. 

  • Sign up for emails from FOX 8 Live

    Get news and forecasts from FOX 8 delivered to your inbox by signing up for the lists below.

    * denotes required fields




    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.