Bourbon Street shooting suspect back in Louisiana - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Bourbon Street shooting suspect back in Louisiana

Posted: Updated:

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office says a suspect in the gunfight that killed one person and injured nine others last month in the French Quarter is back in New Orleans.

Trung Le is currently being held in Orleans Parish Prison.

Chris Bowman with the Orleans Parish DA's office says in a statement that Lee was picked up from a Mississippi jail around 10 a.m. Saturday.

Earlier Saturday, Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves signed a document to have Le extradited.

Le, of Belle Chasse, Louisiana, faces a charge of first-degree murder and nine counts of attempted first-degree murder following the June 29 shooting.

The 20-year-old Le has been held in a Gulfport, Mississippi, jail since being arrested on July 4. He had refused to sign a waiver of extradition.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.