Long Beach home destroyed by overnight fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Long Beach home destroyed by overnight fire

Officials said this home in Long Beach, which caught fire Wednesday night, had no power. (Photo source: WLOX) Officials said this home in Long Beach, which caught fire Wednesday night, had no power. (Photo source: WLOX)
LONG BEACH, MS (WLOX) -

Fire destroyed a home in Long Beach overnight. It happened on J Lane, off Beatline Road, south of 28th Street.

When firefighters arrived, flames were shooting through the roof of the single story brick building. Officials said the home had no power, but a homeowners was on the property.

Long Beach Fire Department sent four trucks and 15 firefighters to battle the blaze. The cause is still under investigation.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly