Firefighters: Gulfport garage fire sparked by dogs - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Firefighters: Gulfport garage fire sparked by dogs

Posted: Updated:
GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) -

A rambunctious pack of dogs started a fire at a home in Gulfport Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters rushed to Meadowlark Drive just before 4pm to find a small fire burning in the garage. After putting out the flames, they learned the fire started after the dogs in the garage knocked over a lamp. The lamp hit a gas can, and that sparked a fire. The flames damaged a door and a few items in the garage.

Luckily, the dogs are okay, and so is everybody inside the home.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.