Dryer cause of Ocean Springs house fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Dryer cause of Ocean Springs house fire

Posted: Updated:
OCEAN SPRINGS, MS (WLOX) -

Ocean Springs police officer Wesley Hall guided a frightened 84-year-old woman out of her smoke filled home on Hickory Street Friday afternoon. The woman said she realized the fire was caused by her dryer when she saw flames shooting out of her utility room.

Officials said the fire caused light water and moderate smoke damage to the house.

A family friend tried to put out the blaze before firefighters arrived. He said he was grateful police and fire officials were there to help before there was a tragedy.

Fire officials say it is important to clean the lint trap on your dryer regularly to prevent a fire hazard. They recommend you clean the lint trap after every load. They also advise not leaving your dryer running when you leave home.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.