Springfield firefighters battle kitchen fires on Sunday - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Springfield firefighters battle kitchen fires on Sunday

Posted: Updated:

Springfield firefighters had to deal with several kitchen fires on Sunday.

One took place at an apartment complex at 86 School St.

It left a family of two displaced.

Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that the fire started on a pan on the stove.

The flames then reached the cabinets before the sprinkler system put out the fire.

The apartment below also suffered water damage.

Leger estimated the cost to be $5,000 to $10,000.

Just after 6 a.m. on Sunday, firefighters were called out to a home on Rest Way for a kitchen fire.

Leger told CBS 3 that one male resident was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Leger estimated the damage to the home to be about $5,000.

Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.