Cigarette blamed for fire at Henrico home - - The News for South Mississippi

Cigarette blamed for fire at Henrico home


Cigarette ashes sparked a fire in a bedroom at a Henrico home, according to fire officials.

Crews responded to the fire at 4:51 p.m. Thursday in the 9500 block of Ridgefield Road. A family member in the home saw smoke coming from the bedroom and called 911.

The fire was marked under control in 12 minutes. No one was injured during the fire.

Crews say the family of four adults and two children will likely be displaced for only a short period of time because of the quick response. The Greater Richmond Chapter of the Red Cross is assisting.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by Frankly