On Your Side: Getting a substitute W-2 form - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

On Your Side: Getting a substitute W-2 form

Posted: Updated:
Source: MGN Online Source: MGN Online

We've always heard that you should get your W-2's by Jan. 31. Now that the date has come and gone what can you do if you are still waiting for your paperwork in order to file your tax return?

The good news is that you can still file your taxes. 

"If a taxpayer can't get a copy of their W-2 by Feb. 15, the taxpayer can fill out a substitute W-2 form," Dan Boone, spokesperson for the IRS, said.

You'll need the name and address of your employer plus information about your wages and tax withholding amounts for last year. You can get this information on the pay stub you got at the end of the year.


Here is a link to the form: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-4852,-Substitute-for-Form-W-2,-Wage-and-Tax-Statement,-or-Form-1099-R,-Distributions-From-Pensions,-Annuities,-Retirement-or-Profit-Sharing-Plans

Copyright 2014 WBRC. All rights reserved.


Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.