Families escape from south Nashville duplex fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Families escape from south Nashville duplex fire

Posted: Updated:

A south Nashville home went up in flames overnight while the homeowners were trying to keep warm.

The fire appears to have started in the chimney of a duplex on Scott Valley Drive.

The smoke woke up the family closest to the fire, and neighbors also evacuated in time.

Firefighters had to cut a hole in the side of the duplex to put the fire out.

The duplex is not a total loss, but a lot has to be fixed before the residents can move back in.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.