Families escape from south Nashville duplex fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Families escape from south Nashville duplex fire

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

A south Nashville home went up in flames overnight while the homeowners were trying to keep warm.

The fire appears to have started in the chimney of a duplex on Scott Valley Drive.

The smoke woke up the family closest to the fire, and neighbors also evacuated in time.

Firefighters had to cut a hole in the side of the duplex to put the fire out.

The duplex is not a total loss, but a lot has to be fixed before the residents can move back in.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • NEWSMore>>

  • Driver charged after fatal accident left 3 children dead

    Driver charged after fatal accident left 3 children dead

    Sunday, March 26 2017 10:43 PM EDT2017-03-27 02:43:54 GMT

    The driver in a fatal accident has been located after leaving the scene of the crash that left three children dead.

    More >>

    The driver in a fatal accident has been located after leaving the scene of the crash that left three children dead.

    More >>
  • Views on body art continue to evolve

    Views on body art continue to evolve

    Sunday, March 26 2017 10:42 PM EDT2017-03-27 02:42:08 GMT

    Many people would agree that it's hard to be in public and not see a tattoo.

    More >>

    Many people would agree that it's hard to be in public and not see a tattoo.

    More >>
  • Capital murder suspect arrested in Oregon

    Capital murder suspect arrested in Oregon

    Sunday, March 26 2017 10:17 PM EDT2017-03-27 02:17:41 GMT

    The son of Jackson County murder victim Jerry Kirkendall, Sr. speaking out about his father and the man who is accused of killed him.

    More >>

    The son of Jackson County murder victim Jerry Kirkendall, Sr. speaking out about his father and the man who is accused of killed him.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly