Overnight fire displaces family of 5 - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Overnight fire displaces family of 5

Posted: Updated:
GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) -

Battalion Chief Ken Payne with the Gulfport Fire Department told WLOX news that a space heater placed to close to curtains is likely the cause of an overnight house fire.

The fire broke out Monday just before 3 a.m.

It happened at a home on 23rd Avenue right off Pass Road.

Payne says 5 people were inside the home when the blaze broke out.

All 5 were able to get out and are okay.

The Red Cross is working to assist the family.

 

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.