Deep freezer sparks fire at apartment complex - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Deep freezer sparks fire at apartment complex

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) -

Biloxi fire crews spent Sunday afternoon extinguishing a fire at an apartment complex caused by an electrical short in a deep freezer.

Fire officials said they responded to reports of people trapped inside a two story apartment that was on fire at Palm Isle Apartments in Biloxi. By the time fire crews arrived at the scene, everyone had safely evacuated the building.

The fire was put out after a short time, and then smoke was cleared from the unit. The cause of the fire was discovered to be an electrical short in a deep freezer.

Officials said the unit suffered minor smoke damage and no other units were involved.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

  • NEWSMore>>

  • Page 13: The importance of the Old Spanish Trail

    Page 13: The importance of the Old Spanish Trail

    Sunday, February 25 2018 4:23 PM EST2018-02-25 21:23:47 GMT
    A new book written by author Dan Ellis details what became known as the Old Spanish Trail. (Source: WLOX)A new book written by author Dan Ellis details what became known as the Old Spanish Trail. (Source: WLOX)

    A new book details what became known as the Old Spanish Trail. In the book, author Dan Ellis uses vintage photographs, maps, and stories to give readers a look at a historic route that spans across the gulf coast region and beyond.

    More >>

    A new book details what became known as the Old Spanish Trail. In the book, author Dan Ellis uses vintage photographs, maps, and stories to give readers a look at a historic route that spans across the gulf coast region and beyond.

    More >>
  • Vancleave church members 'leave the building' to serve community

    Vancleave church members 'leave the building' to serve community

    Sunday, February 25 2018 4:20 PM EST2018-02-25 21:20:59 GMT
    Volunteers prepare a meal in the church kitchen (photo credit: WLOX)Volunteers prepare a meal in the church kitchen (photo credit: WLOX)
    Volunteers prepare a meal in the church kitchen (photo credit: WLOX)Volunteers prepare a meal in the church kitchen (photo credit: WLOX)

    Volunteers and members of Mount Pleasant and Vancleave United Methodist churches are lending a helping hand to those who need it.

    More >>

    Volunteers and members of Mount Pleasant and Vancleave United Methodist churches are lending a helping hand to those who need it.

    More >>
  • Vietnamese community celebrates lunar new year

    Vietnamese community celebrates lunar new year

    Sunday, February 25 2018 11:05 AM EST2018-02-25 16:05:37 GMT
    The Vietnamese Tet celebration ringing in the new year was celebrated Saturday in Biloxi. (Source: WLOX)The Vietnamese Tet celebration ringing in the new year was celebrated Saturday in Biloxi. (Source: WLOX)

    Loud firecrackers, ringing bells, brightly colored costumes and dancing! It was a day of celebration Saturday at the Vietnamese Martyr Catholic Church in Biloxi as people rang in the lunar new year. 

    More >>

    Loud firecrackers, ringing bells, brightly colored costumes and dancing! It was a day of celebration Saturday at the Vietnamese Martyr Catholic Church in Biloxi as people rang in the lunar new year. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly