Petal Police Department catches fire, minor damages - - The News for South Mississippi

Petal Police Department catches fire, minor damages

Posted: Updated:

A Thursday night fire caused minor damage to the Petal Police Department.

Around 10:00 p.m. a dispatcher in the building smelled smoke and called for a patrol unit.  When the unit arrived, he saw smoke coming from the attic area and called the fire department.

The Petal Fire department was quickly able to get the fire out and limit the damage to the two to three rooms on the west end of the building.

The fire is believed to have been started by an electrical short in the ceiling.

The building is closed until power can be restored. Police dispatch has been temporarily moved to the Forrest County Dispatch Center.

Chief Leonard Fuller said they should resume normal operations by the afternoon.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.