Two dead in aftermath of weekend ice storm - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Two dead in aftermath of weekend ice storm

Posted: Updated:
SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -

The widespread power outages have caused the deaths of two people in Mid-Michigan.

An unidentified 84-year-old man died from carbon monoxide poisoning at his home in Grand Blanc. He was found unresponsive in a garage with a generator Tuesday night.

That man did not have any power. His wife was also at home but she is okay.

And a 73-year-old woman died after a crash on Christmas Eve due to stop lights not working. The incident happened at Davison and Center roads in Flint.

The woman was killed when a pickup truck struck her SUV. The name of the woman has not been released.

Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Two injured Omega Protein plant workers speak out

    Two injured Omega Protein plant workers speak out

    Thursday, July 31 2014 6:54 AM EDT2014-07-31 10:54:16 GMT
    Two of the men injured in the Omega Protein explosion on Monday are speaking out about the deadly blast. In an exclusive interview with WLOX, the men describe what happened, and how they survived.More >>
    Two of the men injured in the Omega Protein explosion on Monday are speaking out about the deadly blast. In an exclusive interview with WLOX News, the men describe what happened that day, and how they survived.More >>
  • Prostitution sting nets 31 arrests

    Prostitution sting nets 31 arrests

    Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
    31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>
  • Fire destroys the Old Cuevas Bistro

    Fire destroys the Old Cuevas Bistro

    Thursday, July 31 2014 10:30 AM EDT2014-07-31 14:30:03 GMT
    "Destroyed," is how Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan described the aftermath of the fire at the Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge Avenue.
    More >>
    The owner of the Old Cuevas Bistro near Pass Christian says she does have insurance, and she hopes to rebuild. Rebuilding became necessary after a late night fire ripped through her restaurant. "Destroyed," is how Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan described the aftermath of the fire at the Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge Avenue.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.