Grand executive will explain "demolition" plans at Biloxi resort - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Grand executive will explain "demolition" plans at Biloxi resort

Posted: Updated:
BILOXI, MS (WLOX) -

What's been dubbed an eyesore by many could be going away soon.  Jonathan Jones from Grand Casino will address the Biloxi City Council Tuesday afternoon about a demolition project.  Though the council agenda doesn't specify what he'll talk about, it's likely he'll be discussing the Grand's property south of Highway 90.

The south side of Highway 90 is where a concrete and steel frame was erected when the Grand's parent company, Caesar's Entertainment, had a deal to build Margaritaville.  But as you know that deal fell apart, leaving the unfinished girders as reminder of the project.

Earlier this year, Caesars CEO told the Southern Gaming Summit the company had no interest in developing there.  And now, the Biloxi council's agenda says Grand's boss will be at today's 1:30 meeting, "addressing the demolition at the Grand Casino."

Remember, when breaking news happens, we break it first online, by email, and by text. If you want to receive our breaking news alerts by text, pull out your phone right now and text NEWS to 41313. Message and data rates may apply. You can text STOP at any time to cancel your subscription, text HELP for more information, or call 877-571-0774 for support.

Copyright 2013 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.