Man taken to hospital, home total loss after grease fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Man taken to hospital, home total loss after grease fire

Posted: Updated:

According to Diana Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Chief Justin Hankins, units responded to a mobile home fire on Chimney Hill Drive Monday afternoon.

When fire crews arrived, the house was fully involved. A male who was at home when the fire started has been transported to Longview Regional Medical Center for smoke inhalation. His dog did not make it out of the house.

Hankins said the home is still standing but is considered a total loss. The blaze is believed to have started as a grease fire in the kitchen. 

Diana, Ore City and Glenwood Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the scene.

Chimney Hill Drive is located just off of Highway 154 around three miles west of Diana in Upshur County.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.