Warrant: Charlotte man had sexual relationship with young girl - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Warrant: Charlotte man had sexual relationship with young girl

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

Police in Charlotte are investigating after a 13-year-old girl accused a Charlotte man, more than twice her age, of having a sexual relationship with her.

According to a search warrant released by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, officers were called to a home on November 23 when a young girl returned home from a night out.

The girl, 13, reportedly refused to tell her parents where she had been the previous night.

When police showed up, the young girl admitted she had spent the night at the home of a 28-year-old man, with whom she has been in a year-long sexual relationship.

The young girl described the inside of Jonathan Rubio's English Hills Drive apartment to officers, according to the warrant, including his bedroom.

She was then taken to a Charlotte-area hospital, by her parents, for treatment and a sexual assault kit.

Officers interviewed Rubio who said he spent the previous night with his roommate. 

According go the warrant, his roommate didn't have the same story and told officers he hadn't seen Rubio most of the night.

When questioned about the girl's story about an alleged sexual relationship, Rubio wanted to leave the interview, the warrant states.

He was arrested and charged with statutory rape and indecent liberties with a child.

Rubio is currently being held in the Mecklenburg County Jail under a $75,000 bond and a detainer from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Dismembered human corpse identified, suspected killer in jail

    Dismembered human corpse identified, suspected killer in jail

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 6:10 AM EDT2014-09-16 10:10:09 GMT
    (WMC) - Investigators have identified the man whose head they found inside a black garbage bag after police believe he'd likely been dead for more than a week. Police say the victim has been identifiedMore >>
    Investigators have identified the man whose head they found inside a black garbage bag after police believe he'd likely been dead for more than a week.More >>
  • Ocean Springs mom warning parents about app

    Ocean Springs mom warning parents about app

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 10:00 AM EDT2014-09-16 14:00:09 GMT
    An Ocean Springs mom is sending a warning to South Mississippi parents. Katrina Johnson wants every parent to be aware of an app that she says is being used by many students to spread hate.More >>
    An Ocean Springs mom is sending a warning to South Mississippi parents. Katrina Johnson wants every parent to be aware of an app that she says is being used by many students to spread hate. Johnson discovered the posts last week, and she says what she read would make parents cringe.More >>
  • 'Party mansion' owner convicted of tax and healthcare fraud

    'Party mansion' owner convicted of tax and healthcare fraud

    Friday, September 12 2014 12:38 PM EDT2014-09-12 16:38:35 GMT
    File photoFile photo
    A former Raleigh resident, known for the wild parties held at his “party mansion” in North Raleigh, was sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for tax fraud, healthcare fraud and money laundering crimes, according to a United States Department of Justice release.More >>
    A former Raleigh resident, known for the wild parties held at his “party mansion” in North Raleigh, was sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for tax fraud, healthcare fraud and money laundering crimes, according to a United States Department of Justice release.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.