Trial rescheduled in kidnapping of woman - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Trial rescheduled in kidnapping of woman

Posted: Updated:

A federal judge has rescheduled the trial of a man charged with kidnapping a woman in Florida and taking her to Mississippi before she escaped and went to police.

Authorities say Jacobo Feliciano-Francisco and another man abducted the woman in Panama City Beach, Fla., on June 27 and planned to force her into prostitution in Baton Rouge, La.

Court records say she escaped from a house in Hattiesburg, Miss., that night and went to the police department.

She had been a witness in a prior human trafficking case, which led to convictions in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Feliciano-Francisco, also known as Uriel Castillo-Ochoa, is charged in U.S. District Court in Panama City with five counts, including kidnapping.

He had been scheduled for trial Dec. 9, but it's rescheduled for March 10.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Two injured Omega Protein plant workers speak out

    Two injured Omega Protein plant workers speak out

    Thursday, July 31 2014 6:54 AM EDT2014-07-31 10:54:16 GMT
    Two of the men injured in the Omega Protein explosion on Monday are speaking out about the deadly blast. In an exclusive interview with WLOX, the men describe what happened, and how they survived.More >>
    Two of the men injured in the Omega Protein explosion on Monday are speaking out about the deadly blast. In an exclusive interview with WLOX News, the men describe what happened that day, and how they survived.More >>
  • Prostitution sting nets 31 arrests

    Prostitution sting nets 31 arrests

    Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
    31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>
  • Fire destroys the Old Cuevas Bistro

    Fire destroys the Old Cuevas Bistro

    Thursday, July 31 2014 9:20 AM EDT2014-07-31 13:20:04 GMT
    "Destroyed." That is how Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan described the aftermath of the Fire at The Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge avenue. Officials say the building caught fire around 11:30 WednesdayMore >>
    The owner of the Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge Avenue in Pass Christian says she does have insurance.  And she hopes to rebuild.  Rebuilding became necessary after a late night fire ripped through her restaurant.  "Destroyed." That is how Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan described the aftermath of the fire at the Old Cuevas Bistro.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.