Dryer blamed for another fire in Harrison County - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Dryer blamed for another fire in Harrison County

Posted: Updated:
HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan said a dryer is believed to have started a house fire on South Gaylord Street in the Lizana Community Saturday afternoon.

The fire happened shortly before 1 p.m. but has been contained. Two people were inside the single story, brick home when the fire started.

Sullivan said the fire caused fire, heat and smoke damage to the laundry room and the other parts of the home sustained heat damaged.

No one was injured. Sullivan said he the residents may not be able to return home Saturday night and the Red Cross will be providing assistance to residents. 

Copyright 2013 WLOX. All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Two injured Omega Protein plant workers speak out

    Two injured Omega Protein plant workers speak out

    Thursday, July 31 2014 6:54 AM EDT2014-07-31 10:54:16 GMT
    Two of the men injured in the Omega Protein explosion on Monday are speaking out about the deadly blast. In an exclusive interview with WLOX, the men describe what happened, and how they survived.More >>
    Two of the men injured in the Omega Protein explosion on Monday are speaking out about the deadly blast. In an exclusive interview with WLOX News, the men describe what happened that day, and how they survived.More >>
  • Prostitution sting nets 31 arrests

    Prostitution sting nets 31 arrests

    Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
    31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >>
  • Fire destroys the Old Cuevas Bistro

    Fire destroys the Old Cuevas Bistro

    Thursday, July 31 2014 10:30 AM EDT2014-07-31 14:30:03 GMT
    "Destroyed," is how Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan described the aftermath of the fire at the Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge Avenue.
    More >>
    The owner of the Old Cuevas Bistro near Pass Christian says she does have insurance, and she hopes to rebuild. Rebuilding became necessary after a late night fire ripped through her restaurant. "Destroyed," is how Harrison County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan described the aftermath of the fire at the Old Cuevas Bistro on Menge Avenue.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.