Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC
Key tips help drivers keep their cars running newer, longer
BLOOMINGDALE, Ill., Oct. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At the beginning of the summer, savvy travelers visited their trusted automotive service professionals for a car care check-up. Now that the summer travel season is over, it's time to take another look under the hood. Firestone Complete Auto Care offers five tips to help drivers keep their cars running newer, longer in time for the Car Care Council's Fall Car Care Month in October.
1. Check your tire pressure monthly – Tires can lose one psi (pound per square inch) per month under normal conditions. Lower pressure increases heat, which results in tire wear and damage.
2. Rotate your tires as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer or every 5,000 miles – For maximum mileage from your tires, stick to a rotation schedule.
3. Keep your car washed – Keep the exterior washed and waxed to protect your vehicle from the elements as the seasons change.
4. Don't forget the filters – Oil, fuel, transmission and air filters are important to keep your engine running well. Check your owner's manual to see how often they should be changed.
5. Drive smart – Maintain good driving habits. They not only affect how long your car will last, but improve fuel economy. Place less stress on your vehicle by avoiding sudden acceleration and braking.
Want to keep track of your maintenance schedule, find inexpensive gas, log your service history, access special offers, schedule an appointment and more? Download the MyFirestone App for iPhone and Android.
About Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC:
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO) is headquartered in Bloomingdale, Ill., and operates the largest network of company-owned automotive service providers in the world -more than 2,200 tire and vehicle service centers across the United States -including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus™, ExpertTire™ and Wheel Works store locations. Credit First National Association and Firestone Complete Fleet Care™ operations are also part of BSRO. BSRO is a member of the Bridgestone Americas family of companies.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.