Springfield woman's death brings 2013 murder count to 14 - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Springfield woman's death brings 2013 murder count to 14

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

A 25-year-old woman has died after being shot early Saturday morning.

Springfield police say Adriana Bonet died after being shot in the torso.

Bonet was with two other men on the corner of Armory and Magazine streets when someone sprayed around a dozen rounds at them.

One man was shot and is in stable condition at the hospital, the other was grazed by a bullet.

Witnesses told police that they saw three men fleeing the scene in a white Toyota.

Her death brings the number of murders to 14 in Springfield this year.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Dismembered human corpse identified, suspected killer in jail

    Dismembered human corpse identified, suspected killer in jail

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 6:10 AM EDT2014-09-16 10:10:09 GMT
    (WMC) - Investigators have identified the man whose head they found inside a black garbage bag after police believe he'd likely been dead for more than a week. Police say the victim has been identifiedMore >>
    Investigators have identified the man whose head they found inside a black garbage bag after police believe he'd likely been dead for more than a week.More >>
  • Ocean Springs mom warning parents about app

    Ocean Springs mom warning parents about app

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 10:00 AM EDT2014-09-16 14:00:09 GMT
    An Ocean Springs mom is sending a warning to South Mississippi parents. Katrina Johnson wants every parent to be aware of an app that she says is being used by many students to spread hate.More >>
    An Ocean Springs mom is sending a warning to South Mississippi parents. Katrina Johnson wants every parent to be aware of an app that she says is being used by many students to spread hate. Johnson discovered the posts last week, and she says what she read would make parents cringe.More >>
  • 'Party mansion' owner convicted of tax and healthcare fraud

    'Party mansion' owner convicted of tax and healthcare fraud

    Friday, September 12 2014 12:38 PM EDT2014-09-12 16:38:35 GMT
    File photoFile photo
    A former Raleigh resident, known for the wild parties held at his “party mansion” in North Raleigh, was sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for tax fraud, healthcare fraud and money laundering crimes, according to a United States Department of Justice release.More >>
    A former Raleigh resident, known for the wild parties held at his “party mansion” in North Raleigh, was sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for tax fraud, healthcare fraud and money laundering crimes, according to a United States Department of Justice release.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.