Here's a recipe from the class to whet your appetite.
Makes 4 servings Dressing:
- 2 T. olive oil 1 T. cider vinegar
- 1 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 t. lemon juice 2 packages artificial sweetener
- 2 c. cooked bowtie or rotini noodles
- 2 c. torn raw spinach
- ¾ c. sliced celery
- ¼ c. sliced green onions
- 1 medium tomato or 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. seedless grapes
- ½ c. raw snow peas
- ½ lb. cooked shrimp or 8 oz. grilled chicken breast
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions but do not add salt to the water. Drain, rinse and cool.
- 2. Place all the dressing ingredients into a pint jar, close with lid and shake well.
- 3. Place torn fresh spinach into a large salad bowl. Cop celery and green onions. Slice fresh tomato into small wedges or cut cherry tomatoes into halves. Wash grapes and snow peas and add all to salad bowl.
- 4. If using fresh or frozen shrimp, remove peels and veins. If using chicken, cut into bite size pieces using separate cutting board. Add to salad bowl.
- 5. Place drained and cooled pasta in salad bowl. Shake dressing well and pour over salad. Toss with salad tongs or 2 large spoons.