WLOX Editorial: South MS comes together to help Bay High Band - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

WLOX Editorial: South MS comes together to help Bay High Band

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) -

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Recently the Bay High School Band lost $12,000 in an apparent embezzlement.

The money was being raised by the band students and their boosters so the band could perform at Disney World in Orlando. The $12,000 loss at first appeared to have dashed the hopes of the students to make the trip.

But some other good people, including the Waveland Fire Department and Waveland Community Coalition, have stepped up and are raising money so the students can still make the trip. Businesses, individuals, and even two little league organizations made commitments to the cause.

We have come to expect no less from the people of South Mississippi. Yes, sometimes bad things happen to good people. But good things happen also, when the good people of South Mississippi get involved.

That's our opinion, we would like to hear yours. Email your thoughts to editorials@wlox.com, or post your comments below.

 
Rick Williams
WLOX-TV General Manager
Copyright 2013 WLOX. All rights reserved
  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly