GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) - It sounds like something from an old episode of "Lassie." A dog notices the house is on fire and goes to get help. But this really happened Thursday morning in Orange Grove, and get this: The dog's name is "Blaze."
It happened at a home on Parkwood Boulevard in Orange Grove. Investigators said an electrical panel on the back of the house shorted out and caught fire. Blaze saw it and started barking. All that commotion drew the owner outside, who quickly called 911.
Firefighters said the flames went into the attic, but they were able to put it out pretty quickly. Luckily, there wasn't a lot of damage.
Blaze's owner, Bryan Ellis, told WLOX News the dog hero will certainly be rewarded with a Milk Bone and "even wet food instead of dry food."