AG Office testing evidence, checking for additional victims in C - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

AG Office testing evidence, checking for additional victims in Castro case

Ariel Castro Ariel Castro

The Attorney General's Office tells Reporter Ed Gallek that in addition to testing additional evidence in the Ariel Castro case, they are also trying to determine if there could be more victims.

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were rescued from Ariel Castro's Seymour Avenue home on May 6. The women had been held against their will and sexually assaulted for years.

Authorities are submitting additional evidence on a regular basis, as is typical in ongoing investigations. In addition to DNA, firearms and fingerprint testing, BCI is also looking at additional evidence to try to determine if there could be any more victims.

Castro has pleaded not guilty to nearly 330 charges filed against him, including murder. He remains jailed on $8M bond.

Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.

  • NEWSMore>>

  • Woman killed in wrong-way interstate crash identified

    Woman killed in wrong-way interstate crash identified

    Wednesday, March 29 2017 11:06 AM EDT2017-03-29 15:06:13 GMT

    The woman killed in a wrong-way crash on I-10 early Wednesday morning has been identified.

    More >>

    The woman killed in a wrong-way crash on I-10 early Wednesday morning has been identified.

    More >>
  • Woman reported missing in Biloxi

    Woman reported missing in Biloxi

    Wednesday, March 29 2017 10:27 AM EDT2017-03-29 14:27:27 GMT
    Lindsey Newman (Photo source: Biloxi Police Department)Lindsey Newman (Photo source: Biloxi Police Department)

    Biloxi police are asking for help finding a woman last seen March 9. Officials said Lindsey Newman, 30, was last seen in the 700 block of Beach Blvd. around 1 a.m.

    More >>

    Biloxi police are asking for help finding a woman last seen March 9. Officials said Lindsey Newman, 30, was last seen in the 700 block of Beach Blvd. around 1 a.m.

    More >>
  • Bus passenger seeks $25 million in damages from train accident

    Bus passenger seeks $25 million in damages from train accident

    Wednesday, March 29 2017 8:44 AM EDT2017-03-29 12:44:11 GMT

    A new lawsuit filed in the aftermath of the tragedy on the tracks near downtown Biloxi claims the driver of the bus stuck on the tracks "was an inadequately trained, unlicensed, incompetent or reckless." That suit was filed in Houston, Texas on behalf of Mary Hall, one of the injured passengers on the charter bus that got smashed by a CSX train. It asks a court to award Hall a minimum of $25 million in actual damages.

    More >>

    A new lawsuit filed in the aftermath of the tragedy on the tracks near downtown Biloxi claims the driver of the bus stuck on the tracks "was an inadequately trained, unlicensed, incompetent or reckless." That suit was filed in Houston, Texas on behalf of Mary Hall, one of the injured passengers on the charter bus that got smashed by a CSX train. It asks a court to award Hall a minimum of $25 million in actual damages.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly