Car catches fire in casino parking garage - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Car catches fire in casino parking garage

Posted: Updated:
BILOXI, MS (WLOX) -

A woman attempting to park her car in the Beau Rivage parking garage never made it to a parking space Monday afternoon.  

That's because the woman's 2002 Ford Focus caught fire.  

According to Interim Biloxi Fire Chief Mark Dronet, a report of the car fire came in around 1:30 p.m.

Dronet said the woman was on the ramp heading to the second floor of the garage.
Her car stalled. Smoke started spewing from the hood when she tried to restart the car. 

"She discovered the car caught fire," Dronet said.  

Crews from Station 1 at Porter Avenue responded to the fire.  

"They pulled 300 feet of inch and three quarter hose, which they preceded up the ramp to the car and rapidly extinguished the fire," Dronet explained.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.