Vicksburg structure fire ruled an accident - - The News for South Mississippi

Vicksburg structure fire ruled an accident

A fire that destroyed a building in downtown Vicksburg on March 14, was sparked when the son of the building's owner fell and dropped a cigarette, fire investigators ruled Thursday.

The fire, which destroyed the structure at 1415 Washington St., was ruled accidental.

The building housed El Rio Mexican Restaurant on the first floor and two apartments upstairs.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly