Saturday, May 18 2013 10:08 PM EDT2013-05-19 02:08:12 GMT
Officials with the Jackson County Sheriff's department say the body of Timothy Gordon, Sr. was found just after 12 p.m. Saturday on the Escatawpa River. Friday evening around 5:30, Gordon and anotherMore >>
The search in Moss Point is over. The body of 55-year-old boater Timothy Gordon has been pulled from the Escatapwa River. Now investigators are saying marijuana may have been involved in the accident.
Monday, May 13 2013 12:24 PM EDT2013-05-13 16:24:04 GMT
MARION COUNTY, MS (WDAM) - A weekend-long drug raid left 22 individuals behind bars, and more arrests to come. According to Marion County Sheriff Berkley Hall, the drug raid is the result of severalMore >>
A weekend-long drug raid left 22 individuals behind bars, and more arrests to come.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:04 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:04:19 GMT
It is the end of an era for one Biloxi elementary school. A long-time PE teacher is retiring at the end of the month. And when he leaves, so will a popular tradition he started three decades ago.More >>
It is the end of an era for one Biloxi elementary school. A long-time PE teacher is retiring at the end of the month. And when he leaves, so will a popular tradition he started at the school three decades ago. Thousands of students consider him the "coolest" teacher around.More >>
ST. MARTIN, MS (WLOX) -
It looked like candy, but 21 students and two adults at St. Martin Upper Elementary School quickly found out Wednesday that the "treat" they were served was actually the chemical compound aluminum potassium sulfate.
School officials say a young female student brought a small bag of homemade crystals to school. They were made from a crystal making kit purchased online. The student gave them to several classmates, saying they were rock candy. Some of the students ate a small amount.
School officials said when they found out what was actually served, the students' parents were contacted.
Sheriff Mike Byrd told WLOX News all the kids and adults are fine. Two students were taken to Ocean Springs Hospital to be checked out. Both were treated and released.
Aluminum potassium sulfate is commonly used in antacids and laxatives, but can cause medical problems if ingested in large amounts.
It's not known at this time if any disciplinary action will be taken against the student. The identities of the children and adults are not being released, as the incident remains under investigation.
Be the first to find out about breaking news! To sign up for email alerts from the WLOX Newsroom, just enter your email address below.
Your email address will never be shared with a third party and youMore >>