General Preparation Before Hurricane Season
- Boat insurance policy should be up-to-date.
- Current photos & a written description of your boat.
- Keep your boat in good condition. Check bilge pump, electronics, marine hardware & keep batteries charged.
Boats On Land
- Take the boat out of the water if possible.
- Park the trailer close to a building or in a garage. Attach the boat to the trailer tongue to a firm spot in the ground. You can partially fill the boat with water, but do not allow the water to touch the engine or batteries.
- Placing wood blocks between the frame and axle will help protect trailer springs from the additional weight.
- Remove loose items & electronic gear from on & around the boat.
Boats In The Water