Cigarette sparks early morning house fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

BREAKING NEWS

Cigarette sparks early morning house fire

Posted: Updated:
TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

A cigarette is to blame for an early morning fire that destroyed a home on the northwest side of Tyler.

Just after 3:30 am, the son woke up to the smell of smoke in his bedroom in the 2300 block of N. Grand Avenue near Texas College. According to authorities, he had been smoking a cigarette before going to bed and put it in an ashtray by the bed which sparked some nearby blankets.

The Tyler Fire Marshal says the house is a complete loss. There were four people in the house at the time of the blaze, but all four were able to get out of the house unharmed.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

208 DeBuys Road
Biloxi, MS 39531
(228) 896-1313

FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WLOX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.