Fire engulfs Woolmarket home

(Photo source: Marcia Hill)
(Photo source: Marcia Hill)

WOOLMARKET, MS (WLOX) - A huge fire brought down the roof of a home on Husley Road in Woolmarket Thursday night. Luckily, no one was home at the time.

The Biloxi Fire Department received a call about the fire at 6:41pm. A truck happened to be in the area, and arrived within two minutes. Seven fire trucks and two dozen firefighters were eventually called to help extinguish the flames spreading inside the 4800 square foot home.

By 9:30pm, the fire was pretty much out. The charred remains were smoldering, and firefighters were still hosing down the house. A witness on the scene told WLOX News that the roof collapsed.

Copyright 2012 WLOX. All rights reserved.