Woman hospitalized after fire at Biloxi apartment complex - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Woman hospitalized after fire at Biloxi apartment complex

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) -

A fire at a Biloxi apartment complex sent a woman to the hospital for smoke inhalation Thursday night. But her pet dog wasn't so lucky. Firefighters said they found the animal under her bed, dead from smoke inhalation.

The fire started around 8:30pm at Cypress Lake Apartments on Popp's Ferry Road. According to Biloxi Battalion Chief Anthony Shook, the fire started on the second floor of Building K. All residents from that building were evacuated.

Shook said the unit where the fire started was severely damaged. But neighbors were being allowed back in their apartments.

Early indications are the fire may have been caused by a cooking accident.

Copyright 2012 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly